Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Kudos for CIRM Audio Webcast

Jeanne Loring, director of the Center for Regenerative Medicine at the Scripps Research Institute in La Jolla, Ca., is a big fan of the new audio Webcasts of the meetings of the board of the California stem cell agency.

Here is an unsolicited comment from her today:
"I love it! I attend the meetings when I can- but I do have another job, so I'm delighted that I can be there without getting on a plane. I think the broadcasts will go a long way toward helping the public understand why this work is so important, and allow the people who voted for Prop. 71 to know what great things are being done on their behalf."
We agree with her and applaud CIRM for mounting the effort last week. It is not without some problems, but it is a good step towards fulfilling the CIRM promise to adhere to the highest standards of openness and transparency.

We invite other readers to respond as well. You can comment either directly by clicking on the word "comment" below, which permits anonymous comments. Or you can comment by sending an email to djensen@californiastemcellreport.com or to CIRM at info@cirm.ca.gov.

1 comment:

Search This Blog