Trounson's statement was posted Saturday on the agenda for the meeting of the Evaluation Subcommittee of the CIRM directors the day after the meeting was held.
One item on the agenda called for consideration of a succession plan for the replacement of Klein, who has said he will step down in at the end of the year.
Here are the “critical qualities” that Trounson identified for the new chairman.
Trounson identified “unquestionable integrity” as a “desired” quality.
- “Committed to CIRM’s mission
- “Able to work with persons of disparate viewpoints to move mission forward
- “Scientific training or a good understanding of the financial issues embedded in research and clinical application
- “A deep understanding of the drug development pipeline and the challenges facing cellular therapeutics
- “Knowledge of strategic financing and healthcare economics"
More on the succession planning will have to wait until CIRM posts the transcript from the meeting, which will be a couple of weeks, or until it decides to make a public statement about the outcome of last week's meeting. Sphere: Related Content