|CIRM staffers blogging the World Stem Cell Summit|
covered UC Davis researcher Paul Knoepfler discussing
patient advocacy and its role in funding stem cell research.
- “Claims of miracle cures for diseases
- “Single treatments or cells that can treat any type of disease
- “Lack of objective information, evidence (such as published medical reports) that a treatment is effective
- “Treatment by a doctor who is not trained or certified to treat the specific disease
- “No system exists to collect information and follow up with patients”