|The CIRM view of the dynamics of stem cell research over the next five years|
|The figures represent projected spending by CIRM.|
“Many of CIRM’s programs are still not widely known to all potential partners.”
- “There may be an insufficient number of meritorious therapeutic candidates to reach our goals.
- “There may be insufficient interest from qualified applicants to participate in key competitions.
- “The current limited funding of the agency could affect the ability to retain or attract personnel.
- “Investors may be uninterested in stem cell therapies.
- “The FDA may be unwilling to improve the regulatory environment.
“Cures and treatments must be priced so all Californians can afford and benefit from them, not just a wealthy few.”
“Americans are paying way over the odds for some modern cancer drugs, with pharmaceutical companies charging up to 600 times what the medicines cost to make, according to an independent academic study.”
(Editor's note: An earlier version of this item said 20 teleconference locations were available.)