Monday, August 18, 2008

Stemcellbattles.com Is Offline; Webmaster Hospitalized

We received the following from patient advocate Don Reed of Hayward, Ca.

"Karen Miner’s and my weblog, www.stemcellbattles.com, is down.

"Webmaster Karen(pictured) is in hospital, recovering from bladder augmentation surgery. The operation was done in hopes of freeing her from many problems of a personal nature, related to her spinal cord injury of fourteen years.

"We are in hopes she will recover fully, but for the foreseeable future, our small column, www.stemcellbattles.com, will not go forward. Karen was the webmaster; now her health will not permit her to carry on this unpaid chore.

"Selfishly, I am devastated.

"Not only did Karen’s webmastery give me a voice, but she and I have worked closely together for more than ten years. She is a part of everything I have done in research advocacy. Co-chair of Californians for Cures, Karen worked hard on the Roman Reed Spinal Cord Injury Research Act, Senator Deborah Ortiz’s stem cell laws, Bob Klein’s magnificent and unparalleled Proposition 71, and the four years continual defense of it afterward, in the unending attacks the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine has endured; always, Karen was there.

"Paralyzed in body but never in spirit, Karen Miner is a constant source of inspiration to me and all who have the blessing of knowing her.

"Anyone wishing to send Karen a get-well-soon email may send it me at: diverdonreed@pacbell.net. I will print them out and take them to her in the hospital.

"Don’t send anything electronically complicated or fancy, no e-cards, please. I don’t know how to work that stuff. Thanks.

"Don C. Reed
"Co-chair, Californians for Cures"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog